Monday 27 May 2013

Memories of Old Golden Days

Hello Friends


How are you doing in this scorching cruel heat of summer?
I am a travel freak for rest of the season but summer kept me grounded at home.Well i have mentioned before i live in outskirt of Hyderabad,a place which resembles more to a village than a metropolitan.I particularly love this place for many reason.I doubt if anybody interested here but i am adamant to write down the reasons.

1.I get generous amount of clean air,water and sunlight free of cost.
2.Minimal noise pollution and small population in the vicinity allows me to live with more open space.
3.No and never a traffic to our workplace.Me and hubby reach our respective office taking outer ring road thus eliminating any intrusion into the city traffic.
4.Beautiful landscape-what i see from my front gallery is open plain which grows rocky after a kilometer.View from by rear gallery is a small plateau which nestles a mosque and a ruined fort like structure.That can make your morning delighted (Alas!recent construction on neighborhood blocked the view to half way) 
5.This place fuels my childhood memories almost everyday-Here i feel like giving explanation is necessary.
    I basically belong to small village of  Chattisgarh. A place which still dwells on cultivation and farming.You can get fresh vegetables at your doorstep even today.You can still run on river bed when river is dry on summer and jump into river for splash whenever you wish.You can still steal mango,pear,Indian plum etc from the farms.this was my early childhood and 2 months of summer for next 7 years of boarding school.I miss that time badly.They still seam most precious and moment when i can say i was 100% alive.I certainly do not complain for life i am living today but i do admit it has changed a lot. Coming back to living at this particular place gives opportunity to see those childhood phenomena still happening around.Yesterday i went to the terrace for doing Yoga and i spotted bunch of kids sleeping on neighboring terrace.I was immediately taken to my childhood days when i used to come for summer vacation from boarding school and sleep on roof with my two sibling,mostly remain awake in nights,sharing stories,watching moon and a lot more.Gone are those summer holidays.Those carefree days of 2 months.

This morning me and hubby going outside in our car when i saw village people dressed in their best attire and make up with their luggage walking for bus.That used to be a scene of everyday in summer holiday.Mom with kids used to go to their Grannie's place.Today working Mom do not have that many leaves in hand so kids spend their holiday in summer camp,swimming,dance and Karate Classes.I do not want to judge about right and wrong for these changes but often give a thought how it's gonna be when i will be a mother.With some questions,still in the thought of those old golden days.

1 comment: